Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Hikes

A new tradition we've picked up on are Saturday morning hikes. Now, why we would pick to start it during the hot and sticky summer is beyond me;) However, it has been a lot of fun getting the kids up bright and early and prepped for the hikes.

Our first hike we did was to Silly Mountain. A place I can remember going to when I was still living at home- oh the joys!


Then, a colleague at Ed's work told him about Tonto's Natural Bridge and so of course, we just had to go check it out. I was very impressed with the skill level of hiking Mia and Micah proved to have, those 2 never cease to amaze me! At one point Mia was leading our little troop through the trail under the bridge. Ed did a great job climbing over and under on the trail- did I mention he carried Kyla the entire time? Oh ya! Watching the expressions of the kids and Ed when climbing up on the edge of the rocks to make it over to the other side of the bridge was very sweet because it allowed me to see the faith, strength, and dedication they have to overcome anything put in their path. The whole experience was a real sight to see!

*Pics to come:\

No comments:

Post a Comment